What a year 2015 has been! One of my new year’s resolutions for 2016 is to blog more often, sharing more weddings + shoots but also more memories and parts to our daily life! Tim and I spent 2015 traveling, photographing 75 weddings with our team, continuing to restore our old farmhouse, and loving every bit of this crazy life. We spent New Year’s Day reminiscing about our favorite moments from 2015, and wrote them down so we’d remember them 🙂 It’s no surprise that we ended 2015 just a little exhausted and in need of a few weekends off to recharge…we definitely had our share of challenges and an insanely busy year. But looking back on a post like this makes me smile knowing that we were blessed to have some amazing memories from 2015. In no particular order, here are our favorite moments of 2015!!
- Our Thailand trip – especially one particular day in Phuket which we spend driving around on mopeds exploring beach towns, renting surfboards off of locals, and ending the day eating $5 pineapple fried rice on a hillside overlooking the most beautiful pink sunset we’d ever seen!
- Our snowboarding trip to Jackson Hole, Wyoming in February 2015! It was such an adventurous weekend full of snowboarding, a snowmobiling day to Granite Hot Springs, getting stuck in a blizzard, seeing moose, drinking hot toddies back at the lodge and hanging out with friends!
- Family vacation days in Ocean City, NJ, our favorite east coast beach town! Taking bike rides and boat rides, surfing, breakfast dates at our favorite local spot and time on Tim’s uncle’s fishing boat!
- Our quick two days in New Orleans with our good friends!
- Christmas Day – we returned from Honduras in time to spend quality time with both families, exchanging gifts, singing carols around the piano and having a pretty relaxing holiday (for once!).
- Europe roadtrip through the Alps was a trip of a lifetime! Some of the highlights: arriving at sunrise into Venice, the most adorable brauhaus in Mittenwald, Germany eating Bavarian pretzel soup, hiking the glacier gorge, driving around Europe, hitting new towns and countries every few hours. Definitely a highlight was driving through the Swiss Alps down into Italy when we hit Italian coast of all the lakes around Lake Como!
- Our sunrise Venice shoot, twirling around in my red dress with no one out and awake yet!
- The train ride up into the Swiss Alps to Jungfrau mountain above Grindelwald was like the Polar Express, minus the hot chocolate and plus a couple dozen tourists! 😉
- Teaching two workshops, one in the early spring and one in the summer, with two amazing groups of attendees and our incredible creative team!
- Cuddling baby tigers in Thailand!
- Styling a beach elopement wedding in Ocean City that was a total DREAM!
- Visiting Magnolia Silos in Waco TX! Tim and I are huge Fixer Upper fans, so when we photographed a wedding in Austin in November we took the roadtrip up to Waco to visit the Silos. It was so inspiring and a beautiful space!
- Getting Published in print multiple times! It’s an incredible honor to see our couples’ beautiful days in magazines!
- Shooting unusual and unique weddings all year! We loved our weddings and couples so much this year. From mountains to backyards and summer camps to luxurious resorts, 2015 was the year of traveling + variety all over the country + beyond.
15. Continuing to work on our old farmhouse! This year we painted the exterior, finished up the patio stone walls, ripped out the kitchen floors and redid them, updated all the flooring upstairs (sanded + refinished to be a lighter color!), updated all the closet doors and finished our bedroom!
I cannot wait to see what God has in store for us in 2016!!