friends! Today our friend Shannon Wellington is sharing a guest blog post on 5 things to consider when you’re hiring a wedding planner! Shannon is one of the best planners in the Philly area and we’re honored to have worked together before. We love working with good planners on wedding days as they help take the couple and family’s stress away, take care of all the details and ensure everyone is on time and enjoying every moment!
So, why hire a wedding planner? In Shannon’s words….
1) We’ve got your back! By having a planner that is 100% your advocate, you can use us to temper stressful situations, bounce ideas off of and go to bat for you with your vendors. It’s not always easy to know if what you’re being told is truthful, or “how things are always done” so having an experienced planner can reassure you that someone is always on your side.
2) We’ve done this before! There’s a big chance that you’ve never thrown an event of this caliber before. Besides being the guest of honor, it’s up to you to plan every detail. By handing over the logistics, brides don’t have to feel responsible for the timelines, the locations, the contracts and more. We know when a generator is needed or when that second guest shuttle is required. Let our experience in producing countless events leave you to the slightly less stressful but decidedly prettier tasks…like dress shopping.
3) We know who’s who! We’re not just talking about the who’s who, we mean everyone in our local industry. It’s our job to know the best vendors, at all different price points. We know their style and personality type and it’s our job to match you up with the best possible choice. We focus heavily on relationships and believe that you should click with your primary wedding vendors. You’re going to be communicating with them frequently; it should be something you look forward to!
4) You can’t get your time back! It’s no secret that planning a wedding is a job. It takes hours of emails, phone calls, consultations and planning sessions to get it done. Our brides put a premium on their time and know that they can avoid the back and forth by handing us the reins. We handle the daily wedding planning minutia and present ideas, proposals and decisions on a silver platter so to speak!
5) We get it done! Most brides have a looming worry about who is going to take care of everything on the day of their wedding. Who is going to confirm the driver? Who is setting up all of their beautiful details? Who is going to bring it all together? We are firm believers that the bride should actually get to relax the day of her wedding. We are there, physically getting it all done so that the bride and groom can walk in and see how months of planning and preparation have come together for the big reveal!
Shannon Wellington is a purveyor of beautiful event aesthetics. By taking on only a select number of events per year, she and her team provide a boutique wedding & event planning experience. She believes that the details make the day and that your wedding can be like no one else’s. Although based in Chadds Ford, Shannon Wellington Weddings plans events throughout the Philadelphia area and beyond. You can find her at www.shannonwellington.com or on social media at @shannonwellingtonweddings.
*Details from photos: Locations: Jasna Polana & Jardin Du Buis. Floral Designers: Allium Floral Design at Jasna Polana, Oleander Florals + Design at Jardin Du Buis.